This week: Has been so much fun being surrounded by friends and family. My sister and her daughter Ella came for the weekend, and my brother Josh drove over from Salt Lake for the week. We had such a blast sitting in the backyard and enjoying the low key weekend with a few of our friends, playing cornhole, barbequing, and sitting by the bonfire. It has been years since I have seen my brother have so much fun and laugh so hard; all without being under the influence of drugs, alcohol or even cigarettes. He played non-stop with Tucker & Ella all weekend, and has now taken Tucker under his wing as his little apprentice sanding the dresser and painting the baby’s room. It is so awesome to see him healthy. I know he was needing some family time, and hopefully he can go back after his vacation and refocus now on what his goals are for the next few months. I am so proud of my little brother for the changes he has made in his life this year. None of them have been easy.
Food Cravings: This week I bought and ate lots of applesauce
Other Pregnancy Symptoms: My belly button is slowly being pushed out. I feel like my body is changing more every day!
Nausea: None
Favorite Clothes to Wear: Found some comfy yoga shorts this week in XL that are super comfy to wear + leggings from the plus size department, way cheaper than purchasing maternity clothes!
Energy: Enjoyed my last work week of 9am-4pm, and taking this week for vacation before fall sports start up.
Movement: Lots of movement, just keeps getting more frequent. I can now feel her kick through my abdomen rather than just fluttering.
Sleep: Very good! Switch in the middle of the night from sleeping on my back with a pillow under my legs to sleeping on my side with a pillow.
Things I am looking forward to: Picking out things to fill the nursery, and starting to decorate during my week off!
Memorable Moments: 1) At the twins’ birthday party, I got to hold little Casey Jones. Tucker walked up, “Is this one our baby?!” 2) Tucker played with his cousin Raegan (20 months), almost all of the Jeremy & Katie’s wedding. “I sure can’t wait until our baby comes.”
Big Brother Tucker: His friend Jake told his mom he didn’t think it was fair that Tucker got a baby sister and he didn’t. This made Tucker smile pretty big that he was pretty special to be a big brother. This summer he has two rewards he is working for. 1) by practicing multiplication 3x a week he will earn some Legos that he picked out at the beginning of summer. 2) if he can beat dad in a push-up contest on August 14th he wants ALL of the Star Wars DVD’s. If Dad wins, he gets to buy car parts. So far Tony has done 150 push-ups, Tucker 175.
Tony: Is smitten to be a having a little girl. He said when we were at the ultrasound he was envisioning the next 18 years of his life flashing by; watching sports, basketball games, etc. I am picturing a little daddy’s girl that will have him wrapped around her little fingers, he’s going to have a hard time telling her no. :) She will have him playing dress up and having tea parties, painting her finger nails. Probably have daddy work on her pink Barbie jeep on a lift in the shop, during shop hours of course. And if she’s anything like me, she’ll negotiate a way to drive her prom date around in the Cuda. Oh yes, our lives are about to change forever.
Things to do this week: Paint the nursery. Sand and refinish a dresser and a rocker (that’s what brother Josh is helping with this week!) Shampoo the carpet so I can finally give Sam & Stasi back their shampooer that I have had for months. And finally enjoy the last week I have before fall sports start up and I am working 6-7 days a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment