I was trying to catch up on some blogs so I could put Lexi's 2nd birthday photos up and her new milestones, and photos from my sister's wedding also in December. But as you all know, our lives were forever changed the next morning.
January 12th, 2014 we awoke to several missed calls and text messages. And then the dreaded call. Tony's twin brother Terry had passed away unexpectedly that morning in the hospital.
It was unreal.
Tony's other half. His best friend. His hero. His brother. His idol. His biggest fan. The one person he called when he had a crappy day or the best day ever. The one person that understood him. His own blood. His everything. He was just gone with the blink of an eye.
Even eleven months later, it still hurts. You would think it gets easier with time, but I hear it never does. And I only lost my brother-in-law. I can't even relate, comprehend or try to understand what Tony lives with everyday. How do you lose your twin?
So this year has been a whirlwind. Just trying to understand. Trying to accept loss. And learning to appreciating life. We miss you Terry.
Cheers Brother.
(Best Man Toast, Pre-Fisher June Wedding 2010)

No comments:
Post a Comment