Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Rainbow Baby: 3rd Trimester

These past five weeks have been crazy busy with blessings, work and family.  Doors have opened that I never would have been able to say yes to or take the leap.  As many of your know I started my own business this year, just taking on enough clients to be able to stay home and work a few hours a month.  Five weeks ago, I was blessed with a phone call that tripled my client list. I wasn't planning on taking new clients this year, but sometimes things just fall into your lap and work out perfectly.  Many of my new clients I have been connected to over the years.  Its one of the blessings growing up in a small town.

My class also started at Linn Benton.  The overall class size is down compared to the last couple of years, but it is a great group of students.  I was asked to take on more teaching responsibilities, which unfortunately I had to say no to.  Maybe next year, I will be able to add a class or two, but for now, my plate is full of blessings.

It has made this pregnancy fly by.  I have had amazing energy this past trimester, which was needed for the added work load & teaching ;)

I taught myself to crochet...not sure why, but literally on a rainy Sunday in March I went to the store, bought supplies and sat on the couch with the family for 12 hours watching movies and practicing stitches.  Never thought I would be patient enough to sit and crochet, but I enjoy the repetition, busywork, multitasking, and finished product.  I made Baby Fisher a newborn blanket, Lexi and blanket for her bed, and now I am 1/4 through Tucker's blanket. I really don't have that much free time.  But it sure beats spending time on my phone playing Words w/ Friends (sorry friends for all the games I stopped playing!) or strolling through facebook posts.  Plus it gives me peaceful time with my rainbow baby to feel him kick and move around.

Now that my workload is slowing down.  It is time to really start preparing for our rainbow baby, and prepare to bring him home from the hospital.  Tony and I have been talking about names and may even have some on the list we both agree on.  I would love to name him in the next couple of weeks and make it all more real. Its time to start gathering all the little things we will need, and maybe even have a baby shower/sprinkle.  I had a maternity dress made by a good friend, so I am excited to take maternity photos here in the near future as this little man continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment