Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tucker's Challenge: Day Two - Five

Sidebar: This is continued from a previous post.  Remember, at any time Tucker could choose to do chores to earn money to buy special item foods or trade for similar items that would resemble foods from the food guide pyramid.  Tucker's only responsibilities in the house were to take care of himself.  He was in charge of his meals, dishes, laundry, animals, and room.  

(Friday) Day 2: No problem.  Tucker's Aunt Jeanne was in town and took him out for a special date after school.  They spent over an hour at the store picking out a radio control car, hot wheels, and the grave digger.  He had a blast, and it was all about him. Tucker made soup, toast, veggies and was very happy to be on his own schedule.  However, the realization set in about what foods he was going to miss out on over the week.  “So I can’t have any pizza can I?”

(Saturday) Day 3:  Tucker called Aunt Jeanne in the morning to see if she was coming back, cause he wanted to hang out again.  (His ulterior motive was to go to the store, cause he wanted her to buy him more toys.)  He was happy with some more one on one time with hot chocolate & a sandwich from New Morning Bakery.  In the evening Tucker was watching in envy as we made pizza bagels for our late dinner/snack.  “I wish I could make that for my snack.”  Tucker settled with a piece of toast with a melted cheese stick on top from his own box. 

(Sunday) Day 4:  Morning: “I quit.  I am just going to eat whatever I want to eat.  I don’t care anymore.”  After the small meltdown, he then ate his oatmeal out of his box, without asking to trade for anything.  Evening: Tucker's Aunt & cousins came over  for a fire in the wood room next door.  Tucker ended contributing one can of his clam chowder to our homemade chowder so we could all eat together and traded a piece of toast for the bread that we were eating.  (Of course he brought his own dishes over.)  Since there were snacks out for company, Tucker brought his own: Clif Crunch Bars, Mandarin Oranges, and Saltine crackers.  He ate almost all of his snacks that night, but he was very generous and shared (without thinking) one of his snacks with his cousin Emma.

(Monday) Day 5: In the evening, I made him an offer that was apparently too good to resist.  If Tucker wanted to do some chores he could trade for what we were eating for dinner, and wouldn’t have to make his own.  “I am so desperate – I’ll do anything!  I don’t even care what it is (dinner)!”  I joked back with him that Dad & I were craving canned soup since we haven’t had any all week!  He gave me his Tucker look (trying to figure out if it was joking or serious) and laughed hesitantly.  (We made tuna noodle casserole, instead, which Tucker contributed one of his cans of tuna to.)  Then while he was vacuuming, “I am feeling really energized to do chores!”


No comments:

Post a Comment